Sunday, March 20, 2011

Spring lambs, a great blog, a Mermaid project and etsy

A beautiful Sunday -
Enjoy!
Yea, sing, make holiday;
Bid young lambs leap,
And earth laugh after sleep.

Today we will be celebrating March going out like a lamb.

I found several great lambs for sale on http://www.etsy.com/.
This is the online HUGOMONGOUS store site that has thousands of shops inside.
Mine can be found at:  http://www.inkspired.etsy.com/
Take a peek!


this is vintage art by Margo Alexander for sale at: www.LePinkChandelier.etsy.com


"Poor, dear, silly Spring, preparing her annual surprise!"
-   Wallace Stevens

Here is a fun How-to-draw from Dover:


Remember Lamb Chop and Shari Lewis?
I discovered this wonderful blog by Isobel:
I enjoyed her blog so much that I have become a follower. I rarely do that, as I am always behind on my mailboxes and e-mails!
Here is the address to a wonderful blog that she has posted:
I am highly recommending that you take 4 minutes and read it.
Let me know what you think!
"Every spring is the only spring - a perpetual astonishment." 
-   Ellis Peters

Mermaid Craft project:
Here is a super, simple template for a mermaid (for your private use and enjoyment).
The stars on either side of the torso are where you connect the arms of your choice.
Let's all make a SPRING MERMAID!
What is she wearing? Does her tail change color? Her hair?
Remember - you can make her moveable by attaching the different parts with brads, string, ribbons, thin wire with grommets or eyelets.
tip: to make moveable eyelets for parts - place a thin scrap of cardstock in between the top and the bottom eyelet pieces. Set eyelet. Carefully tear away the scrap of cardstock, and you now have enough space to move the 2 remaining pieces.

Wouldn't your mermaid look lovely spritzed with some Glimmer Mists? See sidebar for addy to tattered angels to see what's new.
Here is some spring inspiration:
watercolor by maryjane.blogspot.com

"Come, I come! ye have called me long,
I come o'er the mountain with light and song:
Ye may trace my step o'er the wakening earth,
By the winds which tell of the violet's birth,
By the primrose-stars in the shadowy grass,
By the green leaves, opening as I pass."

-   Felicia D. Hemans, Voice of Spring

I love this next lion and lamb handmade and for sale by:
Enjoy today. Take time to read Isobel's blog on the Letter. Doodle a little lamb, or go all out for Little Bo Peep. Print out serveral copies of the mermaid template and play.
See you tomorrow!
inkspired

No comments:

Post a Comment