Friday, March 25, 2011

Spring quotes, song sheets, free paper doll and a super chicken recipe

peep, peep, peep - Why, hello Spring!

c.1912
“Springtime is the land awakening.
The March winds are the morning yawn.”
- Lewis Grizzard,
          in Kathy Sue Loudermilk, I Love You

Mountain lamb, photo taken in Canada

I am a totally Spring Person! I crave the sun, the warmth.
And yes, I like summer too!
I look forward to seeing the green shoots starting to poke their heads up, like little green thermometers checking the weather.
Once I started planting Spring bulbs in the fall, Spring is that much more wonderful! I adore daffodils of any kind - the big ones, the skinny ones, the plain yellow, the yellow & orange, the white & orange....Love them all!

“Where man sees but withered leaves,
God sees sweet flowers growing.”
~Albert Laighton

Here is the wonderful chicken recipe I've been telling you about:

Mrs. Shidlers Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas
 a recipe my sister gave me

~3 cans cream of chicken soup
~1 pint sour cream
~8 oz. diced green chilies
~1 lb. grated cheddar cheese (I usually use CoJack cheese)
~tortilla chips, broken
~2 - 3 chicken breasts, cooked and cut up

Combine soup, sour cream, chilies and chicken in a bowl.
Place layer of broken tortilla chips in bottom of 9x13" pan.
Spoon 1/2 of soup mixture over the chips.
Top with 1/2 of the cheese.
Repeat (chips - soup - cheese).
Bake at 325' for 30 minutes, uncovered.
Yum.
Not too many ingredients, and none of them hard to find.
Delicious.
What a great recipe!

Even Chef Pluto would approve!
“Spring makes its own statement,
So loud and clear that
The gardener seems to be only
One of the instruments,
Not the composer.”
-Geoffrey B. Charlesworth
 c.1909


c.1906

Here is a paperdoll with lovely Little Bo Peep costumes:
A sweet Little Bo Peep Barbie.

I'm working on several projects right now. One of them is reverse decoupage glass plates. Another one is making cards with my kirigami cuttings.

I think we have finally gotten most of the kinks out of our computer vs. camera problems. Who knew a computer could be so snobbish as to not recognize my scanner or my camera downloads?
We finally bowed to the computer and purchased a printer/scanner/fax-in-one that it might deign to recognize.
It will let us know.
It reserves the right to refuse this acknowledgement at any time, with out previous notice.
I think the credit card companies are in cahoots with my computer.....
Theme song for unnamed
(to protect the mmmmm, innocent? nah, to protect the guilty!) 
credit card companies.
On that ducky note, I will bid you adieu.


inkspired

No comments:

Post a Comment