Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Butterfly's Flight

Hello!
the vintage workshop

I am seeing occasional butterflies, and await more of them eagerly.

When we lived in Broomfield, for 2 of those years we were
blessed with a Monarch Butterfly migration overhead.
Wow
Super super special and extraordinary.
The sky had a large 'river' of butterflies;
with so many that you could see them easily from the ground.
Some butterflies would make a stop-over in my garden, or on a fence-
take a gentle breather, and then move on!


"Living is not enough' said the butterfly,'
One must have sunshine, freedom,
and a little flower."
- Hans Christian Anderson


for sale at ButterflyBazaar.etsy


"For the joyous heart it is festival always."
- Proverbs 15:15

from a 'gem' coloring book, Dover



thank you to Dover Publications


"Teaching a child not to step on a catepillar is as valuable to the child as it is to the catepillar."
- Bradley Miller


1914 illustration of a Hans Christian Anderson tale

Here are two hat cards I have made that feature butterflies:


This is a pattern that I have no idea where I got it!
If you know who should have credit, be sure and let me know.


I think if you blow up the photos you can have the pattern yourself.
The 'fold' of the card is at the top of the hat.
I use 12" x 12" cardstock.
The hat fits into a legal size regular envelope to mail.

I also use old, recycled calendars.
For the calendar hats, I also cut a slightly larger at the bottom pattern from paper.
It's fun to use scallop or other fancy scissors to cut the bottom!
Carefully glue the paper to the inside of the (calendar) hat.
Remember to take into consideration that you will be folding it.
The extra paper covers any calendar information,
preserving privacy and giving you a nice writing surface.

After cutting out your hat, score on the fold line with a bone folder or scorer.
Have ready a nice assortment of ribbons, small silk flowers,
small silk leaves, bits of lace, small buttons, etc.
(This is why it must be made from cardstock
- to carry the weight of embellishments.)

I use Aleene's Tacky glue in the 'gold' bottle.
I like to wrap the hat ribbon around to the inside of the top of the card.

Have fun!

Here is a photo of some of the almost 100 hat cards
I made for a ladies' tea party last year:







The pattern I have shared on previous blogs for a flower fairy will fit perfectly to make your own butterfly fairies!
I hope this vintage color clip had inspired you!

Here are a few more:




"I would rather have eyes that cannot see;
ears that cannot hear
lips that cannot speak,
than a heart that cannot love."
- Robert Tizon





Here are some Butterfly Ballet Paper Dolls.
They have a unique system of wings.
There are quite a few pages so I will post half today, and half tomorrow.
really!





thanks to OrigamiBears for sharing her wealth of paper dolls!


"If you would know strength and patience,
welcome the company of trees."
- Hal Borland


and I might add.....welcome the company of butterflies!


I have catch-up to do tommorrow
with a few things I have said I would post
and haven't had a chance to yet.

(migraine, migraine, go away,
DON'T come back any other day....)

Have a delightful day today!

inkspired

No comments:

Post a Comment