Tuesday, June 21, 2011

International Paper Doll Bonanza

Hello to all!
vintage magazine art

Today I have a splitting migraine, day 3.
ouch.
I thought you might enjoy some international paper dolls
whilst I try to either bang my head into unconsciousness,
or take enough drugs to pass out.
ick.

I have been gone for a week however, and really wanted to get back into the swing of things with my blog.

No fancy colors today - sorry. Not up to reading for quotes either, so let's get ON WITH THE PAPER DOLLS!!!

These colorful paper dolls are from Ukraine:
(thanks to a reader for correcting me on where these are from!!)

:0)










I love all the texture, layering and colors in them!

Now let's have three vintage paper dolls from Finland...



c.1948

Next up:
National Dresses vintage paper doll from Denmark:



Here are is a lovely doll with costumes from Japan, China, Cambodia, Vietnam and Korea:


Here is a doll with 2 costumes based on pioneer New Zealand days:


Next is a doll with costumes for a Liberty! party in the USA:



Sorry friends, that's about all I can do today.
Tomorrow will be a better day!

"Future" paperdolls Isobel and Chloe!

inkspired


2 comments:

  1. Hello!
    Sorry to correct You misunderstanding but the dolls You believe from Turkey are actually from Ukraine. Costumes from several of the biggest regions are represented: Kyiv, Poltava, Zaporizhzhya, Katerynoslav, Podillya, Hutsul and Boyko(both from Carpatian mountains), Bukovyna.
    I was searching for those for several years. So happy and surprised that found them in USA blog :) Thanks a lot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! You've got a wonderful blog & a beautiful Ukrainian paper doll here ;)
    What surprised me, though, is the use of "the" before the name of my country in the description. As we are no longer a part of the USSR, not the Ukrainian Soviet Republic (thank God for that!), the definite article shouldn't be used :) It's a common misunderstanding, but it does make a significant difference for us, Ukrainians, especially now.
    Once again, thanks for an excellent blog. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete