Sunday, July 31, 2011

Ramblings of Creativity

dia duit

pronounced gee-ah ditch

Gaelic, literally 'God be with you'


I have browsed a few of my older posts.
My goodness I am a 'Chatty Cathy' !!!!!
Some of them look like mini-books!

So, perhaps I need to post a note above the computer saying:

Michael says:
You don't need to write a book every blog.

:0)

Today I am in a
wandering through my creative processes kind of day.
Caution:
this could be scary to some...

Yippee - Laundry Day

I just posted 5 new Collage Art Dolls on my etsy shop.

I also added a set of Happy Hollister Books
(3 with 1 free bonus book)

and a couple of bottlecap magnets
When I work on my bottlecaps, my table looks like this:

actually, that's kind of clean for my usual mess...

I cut all my graphics and words from junk mail,
catalogs, recycled magazines, brochures,
those annoying ads people stick in between your door,
or on the outside of your mailbox...
pretty much if it's paper, I have fun with it.
That's where the quirky humor comes in.

you know, a dog has questions....

and we ALL know cats get messages from the cat planet...

It is way too frightening to take a picture of me going through the magazines, et al. I have stacks in various stages of being cut apart.  My living room chair is surrounded by little bits of cut paper.

Cinderella's Stepsister Steppin' Out
Collage Art Doll, one-of-a-kind (ooak)

Currently I have been doing some cut art work.
The little scraps of black paper look like spiders.
eek!

a black widow spider beaded necklace I have for sale

I can't show you my finished pieces,
as The Printer is being returned as I type....
A new one, from Costco (great prices)
only the window with lights that lets you copy from the machine (not using your computer) is blank.
No lights.
Can't use that function.

So I can't scan right now.
Here are some of my older cut-work
also called scherensnitte
(sheer-en-snit-uh)

This one I actually did do a couple of weeks ago.
I haven't attached it yet,
but I do have a frame ready to go!

This is the pattern I used. If I am careful in how I cut,
and of course the right kind of pattern,
I can use the pattern paper as framed art also!

another example

I don't know, maybe I really should finish this net-beaded bracelet
 I have in-the-works next to my living room chair.
It's a pattern that I am trying to remember from two I did before,
but have lost the directions to.
There is this new pattern in a Bead&Button magazine that looked interesting, but I just couldn't figure out their directions.
It looked similar to my previous bracelets, in the starting bit,
so, I am practicing.
I can't stand to just do something for the sake of doing it
(like practicing!)
so I thought I would just make it into a bracelet.
Four tries later, I've got it down,
but now I'm so bored with it, it is hard to finish!
Sound complicated?
I did warn you that my brain paths may be scary....

This is a truly stunning netted necklace I beaded.
My photos don't show up the pearlescent beads, silver accents and the pearls I used in it. Alas, after I photographed it I accidentally dropped it, and my Great Dane Koda stepped on it.
Broken thread, little tiny seed beads on my front porch..
not a pretty sight.

Sigh. I'm going to have to do major re-work to fix it now.
So, it sits in my 'Jewelry That Needs Help' box.

This is a very simple netted pattern that I made when I was first learning the netting stitch, using tiny seed beads.

my daisy chains -
Whenever I get 'stuck' trying to sort out a difficult pattern,
or I want to do beads, but just am not in the mood for following a pattern, I make a daisy chain!

I call them my happy beads!
I learned the pattern in junior high school, I think.


Here is another pattern I do when I want to bead,
but again I am watching tv or something,
and don't want to concentrate on a difficult pattern.


all the same basic pattern, which I have modified from the original

Hmmmm....
I am starting a new Michael Jecks medieval mystery,
and sure would like to spend some time reading....
this is one of the ones I have recently finished:

I really like these cover graphics. The 'new' ones have more of a realistic close-up of a warrior in armor.

My sister-in-law via my mom-in-law just loaned me a copy
of Carol Burnett's memoirs.
Love that lady!
Great actress!

Uh-oh.
I'm writing a blogbook again.
And I'm getting side-tracked.
Think I will go watch my 'new' John Wayne movie
'Alleghany Uprising'
and do some more scherensnitte,

although there's that bracelet,

and I just received some 'new' magazines to cut apart,

and I need to match up some words with some bottlecap graphics,

and, oh yes! I haven't eaten lunch yet,
and it's 4:30pm!

recycled bottlecap magnet,

Think I better quit while I'm....
ahead?

inkspired

with recycled junk mail graphics and words.

No comments:

Post a Comment