Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Random Ramblings with Vintage Song Sheet Art

Hi!
c.1905

Yep, I'm definitely having a rambling sort of day.
I realized that when I looked at the clock and realized I had been sitting here and hadn't really done much of anything.
For an hour.
Edited a few pictures.
Found a web site that has "Peace" in many different languages,
and realized that every time I was typing p-e-a-c-e,
I instead was typing
p-e-a-s-e.
Warning light! Warning light! Warning light!

Then realized that the site had down for 'peace' in
"Perce - 'eyewi nez
ummmm....,
I'm pretty sure that is supposed to be
"Nez Perce - 'eyewi"
I may be wrong on this, but I sure don't think so.
So.....

c.1907

Today I will be sharing some charming vintage songsheet covers.
These are from the Indiana School of Music.
You can find the website to the right.
They have mucho song sheets!

c.1909

Since apparently my brain and my fingers are having problems
communicating today, I'll try to keep the ramblings to a minimum!

c.1912

c.1912

c.1914

I am trying to stick to a loose theme of love
infatuation
and the plus and minus aspects of that.

c.1915

c.1916

c.1917

c.1917

c.1919

c.1921
c.1903

c.1911

c.1912

c.1919

c.1918

c.1909

c.1921

c.1918
c.1915

c.1906

c.1916

c.1918

c.1912

I hope you have enjoyed my little story,
told in vintage song sheet covers and songs.
Time to go do laundry,
let the dog out,
let the dog in,
pick up the living room,
oh
and I'm in to the new Michael Jeck's book
"The Bishop Must Die",
and it's getting really interesting.
let the dog out,
let the dog in,
I need to mount some scherensnitte I've been doing,
and frame some of my Collage Art Dolls,
and I need to list some of them on my etsy shop -
and then there's the e-mails I've been ignoring for a few days -
let the dog out,
let the dog in.
I need to call Shelly back, and see how Marge is.
I need to call Dani about the super play she directed last weekend,
and that I'll be coming back and bringing a friend.
Glenda just called, so we're fine for a few days.
Who am I forgetting?
let the dog out,
let the dog in.
Cathy, Irene and Adele of course.

sigh.

think I'll go eat a doughnut.....

c.1916

:0)

inkspired



No comments:

Post a Comment