Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Summer Butterflies

Goeie
(Frisian, a Northern Netherland language,
informal for 'Hello")


'Butterfly Forest Fairy' Collage Art Doll by inkspired


I am celebrating the last of the summer butterflies today!
I love to see the first butterflies of the spring and summer.
I look for them all summer long.
They are much fewer now.
I would love to go to their 'winter' resting place.
How beautiful it would be!

framed paper butterflies, etsy


courtesy Dover Books


"Just living is not enough", said the butterfly,
"one must have sunshine,
freedom,
and a little flower."

- Hans Christian Anderson


stained glass to color, courtesy Dover Publications


And what's a butterfly? At best,
He's but a caterpillar, at rest.

- John Grey





stained glass coloring page, courtesy Dover Books



butterfly postage stamps

Here are a few scherensnitte patterns that feature butterflies for you:



from an out-of-print BackStreet Originals book



both of the above patterns are by Patty Rook


'Broccoli Butterflies Wood Sprite' Collage Art Doll by inkspired


Here are a couple of beading patterns for you that feature...



the butterfly!!!
(surprise, surprise)




simple beaded butterflies added to cards!

I have another beading pattern for a butterfly and daisy bracelet,
but for some odd reason I cannot get it to transfer to my blog.
sigh.
Really.
Some day I WILL become the blogging master!
...but not yet.

'flapper' in butterfly costume


butterfly mandala, from a book of mandalas, Dover

'Tatiana' by Frederick Howard Michael

and here is a close-up of her crown:



'I do not know whether I was then
               a man dreaming I was a butterfly,
Or whether I am now
                                  a butterfly dreaming I am a man.'

- Chuang Tzu

"Purple Fairy"
altered paper doll by inkspired

My altered paper doll, shown above, is a very fun way to recycle
gardening/flower catalogs,
and old paper dolls that might have flaws, or tears,
or are just ready to become something else.
I actually scanned and printed my paperdoll
in case I need the original for another project!

I then took a few flower catalogs,
and snipped out all the pieces of purple flowers that I could find.
I arranged and re-arranged, and fussed
until I liked what I had.
Then I took my trusty Aleene's Tacky glue,
dabbed it on the snipped paper, and glued them to the  paperdoll base.
To finish, I traced around the finished paper doll onto purple paper.
I cut out the silhouette and glued it to the back of the paper doll.
Voila!

plastic butterflies, www.butterflybazaar.etsy.com

It's about time for me to leave for my dentist's appointment.
I love the way my teeth feel after a cleaning!

vintage photo

c.1917

ta...da!
:0)

inkspired

Don't forget to leave me a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment