Thursday, December 1, 2011

Beginning a little Holiday Cheer!

Schei Kreschtdeeg
an e
Scheint Nei Joer

(Luxembourgian for Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year)

please forgive me for not being able to put in accent marks,
and those little double .. above certain letters.

Welcome to my readers in Luxembourg!
(and the rest of you too!)


"Christmas waves a magic wand over this world,
and behold, everything is
softer and more beautiful."

- Norman Vincent Peale

Good Morning!
At least, it's still morning here for a few more minutes!
I'm going to just touch a bit on Christmas today.
Enjoy!

c.1915

an easy papercutting design for you:
Remember, it is 'backwards' as you can cut on the back side of your paper,
with the pretty side facing the table.

These next paper dolls are just silly!

'Chopper the Reindeer' by Nami's Closet 

and a Bear-y Western Christmas....

thanks to OrigamiBears for her wonderful web site!

c. 1846
Notice how Santa Claus looks different?
It is because the drawing is so old it is before we got our
'standard' Santa Claus!

Well, I need to get signs ready for my Craft Fair
which will be here in
2
DAYS!!!!

EEEK   EEEK   EEEK   EEEK
I am NOT stressed out
I am NOT stressed out
I am NOT stressed out....

Actually, a friend called me and she is coming to help me on Saturday,
which will be a HUGE help and make me feel less stressed.

"Blessed is the season which engages
the whole world
in a conspiracy of love."

- Hamilton Wright Mabie

See you tomorrow!!
inkspired

No comments:

Post a Comment