Saturday, May 19, 2012

Art Galleries and Barbie and Collage Art Dolls

Black Lace Barbie with Butterfly
original Collage Art Doll by inkspired
created from all recycled junk mail


Okay, I have some

 REALLY BIG NEWS -
 
One of my Collage Art Dolls was seen on my blog
 
 
by a Gallery Director in New York. She contacted me.
She wanted to include my art collage in her upcoming exhibit:
 
Gendered Object: Barbie As Art
The Ann Street Gallery
104 Ann Street
(845)784-1146
Curated by Virginia Walsh, director of the Ann Street Gallery
 
May 19 – June 30, 2012
 
Wow.
I am still pinching myself to see if I am awake or dreaming…
 
My exhibit is “Black Lace Barbie with Butterfly” (as seen above)
and it’s for sale!!! In an Art Gallery!!!
Big grin here.
 
I feel so honored.
 
Now I have a big request.  A really big favor to ask.
If any of you live within driving distance, and want to see a really nice gallery with some really crazy things people have done with Barbie, and have a camera….
Please, please, please
Could you take pictures and send them to me? An e-mail attachment would be just fine.
If there is some kind of ‘brochure’ or directory, I would love a hands-on copy of that too!!
 
The Ann Street Gallery Hours:
Wednesday and Thursday 9am – 5pm, (closed for lunch 1:30 - 2:30pm)
Friday and Saturday 11am – 5pm
There’s also an Artist Reception Sat. May 19 from 6 – 9pm, free and public
 
 
Feel free to forward this to other groups you may be involved with. Forward it to friends – and especially to anyone that might live in the area! I am so sad that I won’t be able to see this first in my life myself, so I am relying on the generosity of others to help me experience it via photographs.  Any comments, photos, etc. can be sent to
 
 
Let’s play nice, and not give that e-mail to anyone that might abuse it.
My sincere thanks,
Karen M. Kloberdans
Aka….inkspired
 
Newburgh NY  12550

No comments:

Post a Comment