Monday, May 21, 2012

Monday Meanderings in Red

Rahu

'Peace' in Estonian


Today is a red day.
Don't ask me why.
It just is!

138th Kentucky Derby
Jim Leuenberger from Shawano, Wisconsin wearing a red bowler hat
photo cred: Mark Humphrey

re-sized and hand colored Art Nouveau Alphabet bottlecap necklace by inkspired

I just spent a very pleasant time listening to some of my favorites on YouTube. 
I like quite a wide variety of music genres.
Even if you think you are not a country western music lover,
I think you will enjoy this song by Dolly Parton:

 'He's Alive'

found at www.musiclog.in
Here's another one I like:
'Jesus and Gravity'

unknown source - it looks like a vintage pattern envelope illustration to me

Here is a recipe from
Colorado Cache Cookbook 10th Anniversary Edition
c.1978, Junior League of Denver, Inc.
'Caliente Salad'
serves 8
1 15'2 oz can kidney beans, drained (they're red!)
1 cucumber, diced
1 small onion, diced
1 green pepper, diced (but you could use red pepper!)
3 large tomatoes, diced (they're red!)
4 slices bacon, crisply fried and crumbled
1 cup mayonnaise
1 tsp. chili powder (it's red!)
dash of red cayenne pepper
salt and pepper to taste
2 cups lettuce, torn into small pieces
>Combine all ingredients except bacon and lettuce.
Refrigerate.
Add bacon and lettuce just before serving.
By the way, 'caliente' means 'hot'.
Goldalia Scarlet Dahlias
Feeling red yet?
:0)
'My Sweetie's Office Flowers'
Original Collage Art Doll by inkspired




c. 1916
Check out Indiana's Music Library!
The link is to the right of my blog!
vintage seed packet clip art

courtesy of Dover Books - link to the right!

I haven't shared from Liana's Blog in a while - so here are some of her wonderful costume creations for paper dolls -
in red of course!

"Grace"

"Ivy"
Birthday Month: June

"...and whenever I'm in a situation where I'm wearing the same as 600 other people
and doing the same thing as 600 other people,
looking back,
I always found ways to make myself different,
whether it be having a red lining inside of my jacket,
having red shoes,
it hasn't changed."

-Jeremy Irons


'Red Dancing Shoes'
original collage paper painting by inkspired


Well, I hope you are having a wonderful
RED
day!

...until next time,

inkspired


No comments:

Post a Comment