Thursday, January 17, 2013

Peace Quotes and Angels with commentary

Welcome

Angle Harp Barbie 1998

"I think that people want peace so much 
that one of these days
government had better get out of their way
and let them have it."

- Dwight D. Eisenhower, former USA president

A really huge hug for my reader DebraAnne who clued me in to
Chrome browsers.

The hassles I have been having for really MONTHS all seem to have disappeared.

HUGE HOORAY!!!!

I do have to ask the question however...
why didn't anyone tell me before this?
Couldn't blogspot have sent a notice?
Why couldn't I find the solution on the internet?
sigh.
Oh well, it appears to be fixed now.

Yippee!!

circa 1905

thank you to Indiana Music Libraries...
you can find their link to the right of my blog!

Let's start again with my vision of 

Angels
and
Peace quotes!


"If we are to teach real peace in this world,
and if we are to carry on 
a real war 
against war,
we shall have to begin 
with the children."
- Mahatma Gandhi


You know, we really don't need new 'summits' and 'conferences'
and 'meetings' and 'rallies'
and movies and documentaries,
or
new songs and poems
or
fill-in-the-blank....

The knowledge has been given us.
It is readily available.

We have excellent speakers from the past,
and examples of people who practiced peace.
We have poems, and stories,
history notes and audio recordings,
movies and 'shorts' and -
fill-in-the-blank.....

We just need to listen,
and change our hearts.


"We are not at peace with others
because we are not at peace
with ourselves,
and we are not at peace
with ourselves
because
we are not at peace with God."
- Thomas Merton

I mean,
REALLY LISTEN.
Actively engage your brain.

I know this is possible,
because I raised a teenage son.
And I found out... he really does have a brain!

hand painted and stamped domino magnet by inkspired
www.inkspired.etsy.com


"I do not want the peace
that passeth understanding,
I want the understanding
which bringeth
peace."

- Helen Keller

an example of using kirigami as a background
www.collagepaperpainting.etsy.com

I will continue my theme of 
Peace
and 
Angels 
in future blogs.
I am trying to keep my blogs shorter - 
really Michael!

I have lots of plans and dreams for the coming year...
and 
sooooo many wonderful graphics
and clip art
and vintage images
and
games and puzzles 
and 
quotes and poems
and..
Oh, I'll just have to write another blog!

This is a Fenton glass angel we picked up while visiting my in-laws.
It was Thanksgiving, and they had to mow their lawn!
Marietta, Ohio

"Speak,
move,
act in peace,
as if you were in
prayer."

- Fenelon

Practice peace,
until next time...

inkspired
www.inkspired.etsy.com
www.collagepaperpainting.etsy.com
www.inkspiredmusings.blogspot.com

it's really easy to leave a comment now!!
part of a c.1909 'Angels of Night' vintage song sheet cover


1 comment:

  1. Hi admin,
    your post "peace-quotes-and-angels-with-commentary" is very special for us.I think these quotes are very special for everyday life. I have collected many quotes from you, and I will come back soon. It's encourage to work everyday life.So thanks a lot for doing this job. http://www.quoteschart.com/peace-quotes/

    ReplyDelete