Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Spring is in the air!

Welcome!


"A gust of wind" by Gaetano Bellei
my-museum-of-art.blogspot.com

Ah, visions of Spring!
I know some of you have already had Spring, or are in a different zone where this is coming into your (gasp) winter!

But today, we are having a typical Rocky Mountain Spring:
snow.
Yep, snow.
7 - 10 inches of the white wet stuff.

poor little squirrel.
good thing he has a tail...
www.life-is-beautiful-that-way.blogspot.com

But....

Spring is still in the air...sort of.
I have lovely jonquils and daffodils blooming in my gardens.
At least, they were blooming yesterday. Today they will freeze and turn brown and wilt-y. Oh well, there's always hope for the coming tulips!!

www.greenblueglobe.blogspot.com

"Spring
hath put a spirit of youth
in everything."

- William Shakespeare

"Water, Palm and Butterfly"
original Collage Art doll using all recycled junk mail
www.collagepaperpainting.etsy.com

I am still dreaming of spring wildflower hikes...

 a stampscape rubber stamped card by Rose Walkers
www.stampincatstudio.com


I am looking forward to nature walks, gathering things for my art...

"Garden Wings Fairy"
original Collage Art Doll using all recycled junk mail
by inkspired
www.collagepaperpainting.etsy.com



"Nature has been for me,
as long as I remember,
a source of
solace,
inspiration
adventure
and delight;
a home, a teacher, a companion."

- Lorraine Anderson



vintage clip

Here is a cute miniature scene. It comes with a 'Christmas' tree, but you can decorate that or not, as you wish.







from Karen's whimsy site
no, not me, another Karen!!!

for some strange reason, my computer saved the Large Tree in a weird format that I can't open.
Sorry.
Still learning this foreign language called "computer-speak".
I bet if you printed at 300% or so (play around with the sizing) the one large tree, it would be the right size for the 'Christmas tree'.
:0)
Have fun,
and don't forget to take pictures to share with us!

wee blue happy house by www.lulurocks.etsy.com

Spring -
Time for the bears to come out!

www.origamibears.com





"Walk quietly in the spring;
Mother Earth is pregnant."

- Kiowa Proverb
(North American Native American Indian tribe)




Another reason I love Spring is all the Spring babies!!

Bar-headed Goose with day-old chick
Zoo of Servion, near Lausanne, Switzerland
photo cred: Dominic Favre


unknown credit

3 week-old sand kittens, thought to be extinct in Israel
born in Ramat Gan Safari Park, Tel Aviv, Israel
photo cred: Nir Elias

female trumpeter swan with new cygnet,
Chicago Zoo

a 4-day old seal under mom's watchful eye
Schoenbrunn Zoo, Vienna
photo cred: Herwig Prammer



"The World is very old;
But every Spring
It groweth young again,
And fairies sing."

- Cicely Mary Barker, Fairies of the Spring, 1923



vintage illustration


by Sheryl A. Knowles


copyright 1906
at the right of my blog you will find some of my favorite web sites.
This comes from the Music Library site.

Well, it's that time again where I need to close.
It is still snowing outside. I don't mind. Living in a semi-arid climate -
we can always use the moisture!!

I best go turn on our fireplace, Turner loves to lay in front of it and get all toasty warm!

until next time...

inkspired
www.inkspired.etsy.com
www.collagepaperpainting.etsy.com
www.inkspiredmusings.blogspot.com
and on pinterest: kkloberdans


No comments:

Post a Comment