Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Summer's End

www.stampscapes.com

Summer is coming to end so soon....
let's enjoy some last-minute summer fun
before the weather gets cool
and the days get shorter....

Rocky Mountains
www.wallpaperdojo.com

Here in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains,
we look forward to the aspen trees changing color.
They provide us with colorful splashes of yellow,
gold and some flames of russet.

But, before that happens, 
I think we should take a last visit to the beach...
(of course, not here in land-locked Colorado....)

www.patternbee.com


starfish, unknown source
Do you know? Let me know so I can credit!


silly stamped fish on a kirigami cut out blank note card
by inkspired

Here are some charming bears, ready for late 
summer activities:


I believe I got these from origamibears
They are from sheets of wrapping paper.

Next is one of my Collage Paper Paintings.
I use all recycled junk mail and upcycled magazines to create my  one-of-a-kind paper collages.

Mary, Mary, quite contrary, is checking on her 
last flowers of the season:


"Mary, Mary, Quite Contrary"
original Collage Paper Painting using all recycled junk mail by inkspired
www.collagepaperpainting.etsy.com

I like to include "FUN FINDS" when I list each Collage Painting. With Mary, the 'fun find' is
her bottom skirt is made from a Q-tip ad!

Now is the perfect time and temperature
 to get lots of dog walks in!

"Walkin' the Dog" Collage Art Doll
www.collagepaperpainting.etsy.com


"Sashay With Dog"
Collage Art Doll by inkspired
www.collagepaperpainting.etsy.com


Or, er, rabbit walks?

"Nantucket with Rabbit"
Collage Art Doll by inkspired
www.collagepaperpainting.etsy.com

Perfect weather for a little serenading too...

vintage song sheet cover, copyright 1921
courtesy Indiana Music Libraries



The Lamplighter's Serenade
words/music: Paul F. Webster & Hoagy Carmichael
recorded by Glenn Miller, 1940
found on www.traditionalmusic.co.uk


Laura Zastrow credit
www.postcardsandpretties.blogspot.com

I'd like to finish with a charming paper doll set
'Little Susan'
She has many darling outfits that will take her from Summer into Fall with a nice Autumn coat!





I believe I got this set from Origamibears

That's all for today friends.
Remember to step outside and breathe in 
the last of summer...

inkspired
www.inkspired.etsy.com
www.collagepaperpainting.etsy.com
and on pinterest:  kkloberdans

No comments:

Post a Comment